The first National Butterfly Center-Bentsen RGV State Park seasonal count was held on October 25, 2008 in Mission, Texas. Temperature 63-88 degrees. Wind ESE 5-10 mph. 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Overcast from 8-12 in the morning, Partly cloudy in the afternoon.
Highlights were: White Angled-Sulphur, Marius Hairstreak, Cyanophrys Greenstreak, Banded Peacock, Band-Celled Sister, Mexican Bluewing, Red Rim, Malachite, Ruddy Daggerwing, Pavon Emperor, Silver Emperor, Gold-Spotted Aguna, Two-Barred Flasher and Texas Powdered -Skipper.
1. Polydamus Swallowtail Caterpillar
2. Bordered Patch Caterpillar (297)
3. Marius Caterpillar (1)
4. Monarch Caterpillar (1)
5. Guava Skipper Caterpillar (1)
6. Tropical Leafwing Caterpillar (2)
7. Crimson Patch Caterpillar (2)