Atala Chapter Meetings and Field Trips Spring 2017
Meetings are 7:00PM – 9:00PM at Pine Jog Environmental Education Center, 6301 Summit Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33415. For more information contact Teri Jabour or Lana Edwards . Directions to Pine Jog Environmental Education Center: http://www.pinejog.fau.edu/ContactUs/directions.aspx
Please note that we are alternating Field Trips and Meetings this year.
All meetings are free and open to the public.
- May 18,2017 Thursday 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM:The Program:: Palm Beach County Butterflies – Chapter members will share their tips on how to identify our local butterflies that we see in natural areas and our yards. This program will prepare you for the upcoming counts as well as increase your enjoyment of butterfly watching.
- April 8, 2017 Saturday, 9:00 AM-11:00 PM: Field Trip High Ridge Scrub Natural Area. 7300 High Ridge Road, Boynton Beach, FL 33426. The entrance is located on the east side of High Ridge Road, 1/2 mile south of Hypoluxo Road. High Ridge Road is approximately 1/2 mile west of I-95. This butterfly walk is an Adopt A Natural Area program in partnership with Palm Beach County Environmental Resources Management (ERM). High Ridge Scrub is 39 acres of scrub and scrubby flatwoods. We will be looking for Zebra Swallowtails! Please note, there are no public facilities.
High Ridge Scrub
2017 4th of JULY NABA COUNTS
(See 4th of July Count for exact sites http://www.naba.org/chapters/nabaac/count.html)
- Central Circle: 06/24/2017
- North Circle: 06/25/2017
- South Circle: 06/17/2017
- Highlands Hammock Circle: 07/15/2017
- Kissimmee Prairie State Park: Saturday, 07/8/2017
- Okeechobee/Arnold Butterfly Garden: Sunday, 07/9/2017
You may also view archived newsletters.
Download a PDF copy of past newsletters: